“I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.” ~Franklin P. Adams
Helpful info that you need to know when you’re on the go!
- Arizona Map Site – city maps, street maps, geographic landform maps, shaded relief maps, Google maps, census maps, national park and forest maps.
- Arizona Road Map
- Phoenix Area Maps – City Council District, Copper Square, Downtown One-way Streets, Downtown Parking Facilities, Light Rail Map, Phoenix Attractions, Phoenix Freeway System, Phoenix Metro Area, Phoenix & Surrounding Cities, Salt River Tubing, Tempe Area, Tucson Map.
- Fire Restrictions and Forest Closures
- Fishing Report
- Gardening Calendar
- Heavens Above – star charts and real-time data for observing satellites such as the International Space Station and Space Shuttle.
- Lake Levels
- Road Conditions
- Skywatchers Guide
- Streamflow Data
- Weather Forecasts
- Wind Speed Charts
- Stress Free Family Travel
- AZfamily.com – Arizona Local News from KTVK-3TV, one of the largest independent television stations in the country. 3TV provides more local news coverage than any other station in Arizona.
- AZcentral.com – Arizona Local News from The Arizona Republic, including the online edition of Arizona’s largest newspaper.
- My AZ Online: Information for Arizona Families
- Official Web Site of the State of Arizona
- Arizona Office of Tourism
- Arizona Information Center
- Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Arizona License Plates – Arizona drivers can choose from many different license plate designs. There are special plates for several kinds of veterans, and a red, white, and blue “Arizona Freedom” plate that anyone can purchase to support Arizona veterans. There are plates for alumni of the three state universities, and members of three Native American tribes. You can get a Phoenix Suns plate or an Arizona Diamondbacks plate. If your car is at least 25 years old, you can get a “Historic Vehicle” plate. If you own a car that was built before 1915, you can buy a “Horseless Carriage” license plate. Some plates speak out against child abuse or in favor of the environment. There’s a special plate for “character education” of children, another that says “Live The Golden Rule,” and another that states “Choose Life.” There is an Arizona Highways plate and an Arizona Historical Society plate. There’s a license plate for organ donors, cancer awareness, and even one on which amateur radio operators can display their call signs. Arizona has more than sixty kinds of license plates!Attention Arizona Drivers: Effective January 1, 2009, any license plate holder or cover that prevents the state name from being clearly visible is in violation of a new law.* It’s okay for you to have a license plate frame holder as long as it doesn’t conceal the name Arizona on top of your license plate. Drivers are responsible for being aware of new motor vehicle laws, as the state doesn’t send out mailings. So if you have a frame holder that covers the name Arizona on your license plate, be sure to remove it before January 1, 2009 and replace it with one that doesn’t cover the name Arizona – or you may be hit with a $130.00 fine! *A.R.S. 28-2354(B.)